A flexible dynamic sky system with natural cloud motion, plus customizable sun, moon and stars.
Ultra Dynamic Sky is a sky system designed to be more dynamic and natural than most sky solutions, offer a great degree of flexibility and customization options, and work inside of a user interface designed for speed and simplicity.
• Set a single Time of Day variable (from 0000 to 2400) and have every aspect of the sky update along with it, making changing the time your scene takes place a one step process.
• Fully dynamic, with multiple turbulent layers of clouds, orbiting moon, and even stars that turn around the poles.
• A built in lighting solution with sun, moon and sky lighting all synced with the sky.
• Customize cloud coverage, from a clear sky to overcast.
• Customize moon and stars properties like color, intensity, and even change the phase of the moon.
• Simulate a realtime day/night cycle in game, automatically, with adjustable day length. All with a single click.
• Dynamic aurora effects
• Clouds can cast shadows onto the world.
• In UE 4.24 and forward, UDS is now integrated with the Sky Atmosphere system, offering more realistic coloring, through atmospheric scattering.
Note for UE 4.8 to 4.23:
The version shown in the screenshots and video is the 4.24+ version. If you'd like to see how the legacy version of UDS looks, you can see the original product video here.
• 3x 4096 x 4096
• 2x 2048 x 2048
Vertex Count: 8194
Number of Meshes: 1
Number of Materials: 1
Number of Material Functions: 4
Number of Textures: 4
Intended Platform: Desktop
Platforms Tested: Desktop
Number of Blueprints: 1
• Applies user selected variables to a dynamic material instance on the sky sphere.
• Converts Time of Day to dynamic material parameters using curves.
• Animates Time of Day and Cloud Density during gameplay based on animation settings.
If you need support using the sky, please email me at: