162 real-world heightmaps from Yellowstone National Park
Check this VIDEO to see what you can achieve with the heightmaps from Yellowstone National Park (the landscape auto material is not included in this pack. The landscape auto-material can be downloaded here)
This pack contains 162 real-world heightmaps from Yellowstone National Park (USA) at 4k and 8k resolution. If you are planning to recreate in Unreal Engine 5 real landscapes from Yellowstone or if You simply want to create a very realistic and high quality landscape, this pack is exactly what you need. Using this pack you will be able to create 58 landscapes at 8k resolution and 64 square km each and and 104 landscapes at 4k resolution and 16 square km each.
This pack is perfect for any type of game which requires realistic and high quality outdoor environments and because some of the heightmaps are pretty big, they can be used to create open world games.
The pack comes with 3 Example Levels (2 levels are 64 square km and 1 level is 16 square km)
The heightmaps are created from DEMs (Digital Elevation Models with 1 meter horizontal precision) so they are as accurate as you can get. They are not just realistic, they are perfect copies of reality so the heightmaps contains rivers, lakes, roads, footpaths. The heightmaps are perfect for games, movies, architectural visualization or any other project which requires ultra realistic outdoor environments.
Step By Step instructions of how to integrate the heightmaps into your level:
1. Install the FREE plugins: "ILIAD"
2. Select in the Content Browser the PNG heightmap you want to use in your project as a landscape
3. Right click on the selected PNG texture (heightmap) and select Asset Actions - Export
4. Save the PNG heightmap to your hard disk (keep the same PNG format)
5. Open the map you want to import the heightmap into and select Landscape Mode
6. Choose option Import from file and select the previously exported PNG file
7. In order to keep the exact proportions of the real landscape, in the name of every heightmap you can find the X, Y and Z scales for that heightmap. For example, in the filename T_Yellowstone_124_XY_100_Z_55 , the X and Y scale is 100 and Z scale is 55. So type the correct XYZ scales and then press Import to import the heightmap into your level.
8. Done! In a few seconds you should see the landscape...
Features: (Please include a full, comprehensive list of the features of the product)
Texture Resolutions: (complete list)
Number of Textures: 162
Supported Development Platforms:
Mac: Not Tested
Documentation: Please check the description
Important/Additional Notes: If you want to create perfect copies of the real world landscapes, it is important to use the correct XYZ scales as explained above (Step 7).