The pack Enormous Real-World USA Heightmaps contains 100 real-world heightmaps from USA (from the states, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming). Every heightmap has a surface area of about 1600 square km and has a 4k resolution (4033 X 4033 - recommended by Epic).
I tried to offer as much diversity as possible so the pack contains all kinds of relief, from huge mountain ranges to lowlands and canyons.
The heightmaps contain real world rivers, lakes, roads and even footpaths.
All heightmaps preserve the real-world scale and they are created from satellite Digital Elevation Models so they are copies of the real USA terrains.
Step By Step instructions of how to integrate the heightmaps into your level:
1. Install the FREE plugins: "ILIAD"
2. Select in the Content Browser the PNG heightmap you want to use in your project as a landscape
3. Right click on the selected PNG texture (heightmap) and select Asset Actions - Export
4. Save the PNG heightmap to your hard disk (keep the same PNG format)
5. Open the map you want to import the heightmap into and select Landscape Mode
6. Choose option Import from file and select the previously exported PNG file
7. In order to keep the exact proportions of the real landscape, in the name of every heightmap you can find the X, Y and Z scales for that heightmap. For example, in the filename T_Enormous_HM_6_XY_1000_Z_101 , the X and Y scale is 1000 and Z scale is 101. So type the correct XYZ scales and then press Import to import the heightmap into your level.
8. Done! In a few seconds you should see the landscape...
Features: (Please include a full, comprehensive list of the features of the product)
Texture Resolutions: (complete list)
Number of Textures: 100
Supported Development Platforms:
Mac: Not Tested
Documentation: Please check the description
Important/Additional Notes: If you want to create perfect copies of the real world landscapes, it is important to use the correct XYZ scales as explained above (Step 7).