TRAILER (landscape materials not included in this pack)
This pack contains 150 real-world PNG greyscale heightmaps, which will help you create in a few clicks in Unreal Engine, perfect copies of the USA landscape from the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Maine, Michigan, Missouri, North Dakota, Oregon and Pennsylvania. All heightmaps were created from Digital Elevation Models (DEM) with 1 meter horizontal precision and less than 30 cm vertical precision. Every heightmap is about 64 square KM and comes with an 8k resolution to give you the best possible quality with nowadays technology. The pack is perfect for any type of open world games, movies, cinematics and it also contains 4 example maps.
Step By Step instructions of how to integrate the heightmaps into your level:
1. Install one of the FREE plugins: "Export PNG" or "ILIAD" (Export PNG works only for version 4.21-4.27)
2. Select in the Content Browser the PNG heightmap you want to use in your project
3. Right click on the selected PNG texture (heightmap) and select Asset Actions - Export (or ILIAD Actions - Export in case you are using ILIAD)
4. Save the PNG heightmap to your hard disk (keep the same PNG format)
5. Open the map you want to import the heightmap into and select Landscape Mode
6. Choose option Import from file and select the previously exported PNG file
7. In order to keep the exact proportions of the real landscape, in the name of every heightmap you can find the X, Y and Z scales for that heightmap. For example, in the filename USA_III_115_XY_100_Z_202 , the X and Y scale is 100 and Z scale is 202. So type the correct XYZ scales and then press Import to import the heightmap into your level.
8. Done! In a few seconds you should see the landscape...
Features: (Please include a full, comprehensive list of the features of the product)
Texture Resolutions: (complete list)
Number of Textures: 150
Texture Resolutions: (Please list all various texture resolutions):
Supported Development Platforms:
Mac: Not Tested
Documentation: Please check the description
Important/Additional Notes: If you want to create perfect copies of the real world landscapes, it is important to use the correct XYZ scales as explained above (Step 7).