Help us Create a Better Future!
Every purchase of this pack helps to save our Ocean's, reducing the amount of trash that ends up there, helping to create sustainable fisheries, and preserving wildlife.
2% of all sales from this pack will be donated to https://oceanconservancy.org/
This Oil Rig was created, because there may be a day in the future when Oil Rigs will no longer exist and this highly detailed recreation of an Oil Rig can serve as a memory of how far we've come in preserving a better future for everyone.
From the team and creator of PurePolygons and Downtown West Modular Packs!
Release Trailer - Environment Overview and Features
Please Read all "Project Requirements" below before continuing. Thank you
- IMPORTANT - Project Setting Requirements and Ocean Setup
- Introduction - Folder Structure and Files Overview Video
- Blueprints Overview - Examples Video
- FPS Runthrough - Framerate and First Person Example Video
This is an Incredibly detailed Modular Set with Blueprints to help make world building easier. Use for large environments, small environments, cinematics, gameplay, VR, and more! Assets are created at the highest quality in every aspect. We build the artwork with the idea in mind that our customers may use these assets in any way imaginable. So we provide the art at the highest quality and provide content and videos to help share quick tips for optimizing the work to perform on almost any platform.
** Unreal Engine Water Plugin - Must be enabled for our Water to Work
** Virtual Texture Streaming - Must be enabled for some textures to work (If interested, we can provide non-virtual textures versions)
** Generate Mesh Distance Fields - Must be enabled for water foam build up around pillars and floatation devices
** Nanite - If Nanite is enabled, some Vertex Painted elements on the map will not display as intended
The Oil Rig contains above water AND underwater assets for use in any aspect of the environment. Here's a small sample of some of the tools we have provided for simple environment creation
- The Sound FX and Drone are not included*
- The water will interact with pillars using Distance Fields Generation
- It will even flow down the pillars as the water rises and falls
- There are multiple blueprints to make for quick and easy placement of assets in the space
- Master Materials make it very quick and easy to change the look of any asset in the scene from color masks, to roughness, worldspace textures, vertex painting, detail textures, puddles, emissive maps, glass, and much more!
- Floodlight placement, light angle, light height, intensity, color, volumetric fog settings, and on/off switches
- Pipe placement, instancing, repeating, wall placement, floor placement, a blueprint to quickly place any asset in the scene, tile it multiple times and swap out all of the features on it. Like optimized or vertex painted meshes
- Spline blueprints for the ropes, hoses, and cables throughout the scene (Easily merged for export or RTX Shadows)
- Simple HDRI Swapping blueprint for multiple Skyboxes included in the set
- A Crane blueprint for rotation operation and more accurate collision
- A Buoyancy Blueprint for allowing any asset to float on the top of the Water and interact with the waves
- A Water / Wave blueprint for adjusting wave height, underwater color, visiblity, and more
- Air Conditioning blueprints for spinning fans and quickly swapping between AC Types
- Underwater Bubbles and Debris
- Wave Water Mist
- Pillar Interaction with Wave Height
- Trickling Water and splashes
- The Oil Rig Demo Maps are for high end machines. Tech Spec Recommendations listed under Technical Info
- The "Oil_Rig_Cinematic" Map included with the pack is not meant for "real-time" purposes and uses RTX Technology as well as other features that make using the map inefficient for high frame rates. It is for Cinematic and Demonstration Purposes Only.
- Please use the "Oil_Rig_Optimized" Map included for Real-Time Purposes.
- We provide all of our artwork at the HIGHEST quality possible and continue to share videos and tutorials to help people understand how to optimize or tailor the artwork specifically for your needs.
- It is impossible to know how everyone will want to use the artwork we provide. By providing the artwork at the highest quality, it allows everyone to benefit from our assets. From high end cinematic developments, to real-time VR experiences, we will be sure you can get exactly what you want out of all of our assets. Please see our Overview and Tutorial videos for more assistance. Thank you!
**UPDATE LOG - December, 18 2022**
- Support for 5.1 version of the engine has been added
- A Rework of the water system was necessary to make it work with the updated engine
- In order to visualize the Vertex Painting in the map, you must disable Nanite