Completely created within the Niagara ecosystem. This project contains 14 individual sky lantern Niagara Systems with exposed user parameters that can control various aspects of the system.
This real time VFX can be used for a multitude of projects, archviz projects would benefit from it as well as high end visual effects and VP.
Paper material can be duplicated and modified to add colour to the base colour via a Static Switch Parameter which activates a colour node. New paper materials can be used in different systems as the user chooses.
MM_Flicker01 and MM_Flicker02 are light function materials which link to the point lights in each system. The user can duplicate these functions and change the flicker rate of each by modifying the "Period" value in the "Sine" node within each material.
We've included 10 different static meshes for different lamp shapes.
Each of these static meshes gas 2 corresponding niagara systems, one for floating particles and one for hanging particles.
Additionally there are a floating and hanging system (NS_SkyLanterns_Mixed_Floating and NS_SkyLanterns_Mixed_Hanging) that contain all of the static meshes as random particle emitters. This means that in these systems all of the 10 meshes are included and each particle randomly selects one of the meshes for display.
• 22 Niagara Systems, Box, Sphere, Burst and Custom mesh, each with 3 different emitters, collisions on, collisions off and constant spawn
• 3 Textures for a paper like material.
• 5 Master materials (paper, metal, fire and 2 flicker light functions) and 4 Material instances (2 paper, 2 metals).
• 10 different static meshes, one for each type of lamp
• Runs at 70+fps on an GTX 1070, I expect it to run at 120+fps on an RTX series card.
Type of Emitters: CPU Emitters
Number of Unique Effects: 22 Niagara Systems
Number of Materials: 5 Master Materials, 4 Material Instances
Number of Unique Meshes: 10 Static Meshes
Number of Textures: 5 Textures [4096*2048, 1024*1024, 512*512]
Supported Development Platforms: